Here at IGOAM (Island Girl On A Mission) we love a party and we are celebrating yet again! You can’t help it when you live in paradise.
Today we are celebrating another blogger recognition and I am so thrilled. Not only because it’s another excuse to celebrate but because this indicates that our message is resonating with others. That is our mission and we are pleased that we are meeting small and not so small goals.
Thank you to Tisha for nominating me. Her blog is called Behind the Schmile, and I too was inspired by her work and happened to select her blog for the Blue Sky Tag Challenge recently. Go check out her page to be inspired as well.
How Island Girl Started
Island Girl On A Mission (IGOAM) was started because I wanted to give back to my community, which not only includes my physical community but also my social media community. I wanted to share my thoughts and my experiences through my text in order to help others see that life is really a journey and it is up to us to make it either wonderful or miserable.I also needed my readers to know that it isn’t the end of the world when we make mistakes or fall short of our true potential. There isn’t any script written out or formula that we ought to follow or mould we should fit into, it’s just life and we will be faced with wins and losses that all contribute to the individual that we will be. It is up to us to use the good and the bad, the joys and the sorrows to become who we really should be. It is up to us to use the good and the bad to drive us toward meeting our goals. Life really can be beautiful and I’ve come to understand the saying, ‘life is what we make it.’ I’m not here trying to convince anyone that life is a bed of roses because it is not, it hasn’t been for me and I know it will not be for you either. We all have our challenges, but I believe that we all need these challenges to help light a fire within us to set us on the path to our evolution.
Advice to New Bloggers
- Make A Blog Topic List: Always jot possible blog topics down. No matter what it is, if it comes to mind jot it down because it came to mind for a reason. The thing is you can write about almost anything that resonates with you and believe me it will resonate with at least one other person. So always take note, write things down and if your thoughts are flowing at the moment start writing your blog article. Even if it is in the middle of the night put it down somewhere. I usually use my phone to take notes as is it most convenient, especially if my thought comes to mind in the middle of the night. Removes the hassle of having to turn the lights on to get a notebook and pen. You may not publish immediately or even weeks later but at least you would have a skeleton that you can build on. This has helped me tremendously since day one and I think it really is important.
- No Competition: Build your own brand, create your own lane here. This shouldn’t be a competition or a race to see who is the best or number one. It isn’t a competition. We are all in this to genuine contribute to humanity. At least that’s what I believe. Just build your community, create blogs that are genuine and design sincere pieces that are aimed at adding love and light to the lives of others. Pieces that will actually resonate with your readers and contribute to their future in a positive way. No, you may not have as many followers as the other blogger but that doesn’t mean that your work is bad or that you’re not inspiring your readers. No matter what, just keep pouring yourself into your writing honestly and genuinely and the right people will hear you.
- Elle Coco
- The Loyal Brit
- Breakfast With Tiffany
- The Bellezza Corner
- Decluttering My Life
- Kaylee Marie
- Samantha Harrison
- The KS Chronicles
- Nomad Weekends
- The Fine Oyinbo
- Britt’s World
- Annie James
- Writings from the Cave
- Those Positive Thoughts
Below are the requirements for accepting this nomination:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to accept your award
- Give a brief summary of how your blog began
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 of your own nominees for the award
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them. Then provide a link to the post you have created
Finally, thank you to my readers and everyone who supports this blog. You’re truly appreciated.
Love and light
Island Girl Lyndel xxx