It has been so long and I miss everyone! However due to circumstances which are out of my control I have not been able to post and share my work with you all as I had been able to do earlier this year. After the hurricane it left everything pretty much upside down. We still don’t have electricity or internet in it’s regular state. However I’m finding ways to work around this so that I can share my work with you. This is really my first real blog post since the hurricane and I figured I wanted to share something fun!
As we’re approaching the holiday season and all looking forward to doing some fun things with family and friends I decided to try out a holiday inspired makeup look and share it with you guys. I am not calling this a tutorial or anything because I am not a makeup artists by any means. I’m just an island girl who enjoys experimenting with makeup. It’s art to me and I absolutely love it.
Note, I have not been feeling the holiday spirit due to the current events on my island. However, I decided to use this blog preparation to get glam and also help pull me out of my grinch mode and it totally helped.
Below I’m sharing with you all the products that I used to prep my face as well as do the complete makeup look. Hope you guys enjoy and get some makeup inspiration from this simple but fun post.
To prep my face
1) Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater
2) Garner Skin Active- Brightening Smoothing Daily Moisturizer
3) Italia Deluxe Globe Lip Balm in Chocolate #9407
Conceal & Set
1) Maybelline New York Concealer in Cafe #30
2) Ruby Kisses HD Set n’Forget Setting Powder in Invisible #RRSP01
For Foundation & Powder
1) L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Classic Tan #109
2) L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Powder in Golden Beige #600
Eyes & Eyebrows
1) NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Dark Brown/Brown #ECP02
2) Maybelline New York- The Falsies Push Up Drama #M802
3) NYX Eye Pencil in Sapphire #SPE913
4) L.A. Colors Eyeliner Pencil in Sky Blue #P613
Used NYX in sapphire to line lower lids then topped it off with sky blue to get a somewhat iridescent effect
5) BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Eyshadow & Highlighter Palette
1) NYX Lip Liner Pencil in Plum #812
2) Colourpop Satin Lipstick in Prim #6A03
Highlight & Contour
1) City Color Contour Effects- Contour Palette
Contoured diagonally under cheekbones and sides of nose using the darkest shade in Contour
2) BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette
Highlighted using third highlight from left to right on the bottom row (the other colors at the top are eyeshadows and I highlighted the colors used in this look)
3) L’Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer in Creeper #6001
Now where’s the mistletoe? I hope you guys enjoyed!
Post a pic in the comments section if you tried this look and want to share it with us on Islandgirlonamission.
Cheers to the weekend!
Love and light ❤️✨