As an island girl I am always faced with a constant battle between my flawless makeup and the heat. Whomp whomp :(.
While some may have flawless skin and not suffer with any imperfections, there are those of us who have blemishes, hyper-pigmentation or discolorations that we’d prefer to cover up with makeup before we hit the streets. However, due to our climate once we get outdoors our makeup seems to melt and it would seem that all the time we spent perfecting our ‘makeup of the day’ was pointless.
I am here to tell you that there’s hope and that you can ditch all those makeup of the day routines for this summer ‘glowy’ skin routine that I have tested and come to love.
I have been wearing less make up and doing more makeup free days because my skin has just been glowing and radiant.
I have incorporated some new steps into my skincare routine and it definitely is paying off. I love how radiant my skin has been and I think it would be awesome to share it with you guys. So before the summer is over here’s how you can achieve this radiance!
- Wash Your Face Less- I got this great tip from my friend Renee. She told me that I was washing my face too much and recommended that I use an oil cleanser. When I tell you this was one of the best decisions I have made. My face is thankful for it. Thanks for the heads up Ren! I now use an oil cleanser from “The Face Shop” which has been doing a great job so far. You could use coconut oil as an alternative.
- Exfoliate- this step is super important as it helps remove the dead skin cells and build up from your skin. However, don’t use scrubs or facial brushes that are too abrasive for your tender skin. I use a konjac sponge every other day and use my conair facial brush once on the weekend.
- Toner- After cleansing I use a toner. I use witch hazel sometimes but recently started using a toner by Pixi Glow Tonic and it really helps reveal radiant beautiful skin. I just pop some on a cotton pad and wipe all over my face.
- Serums- I use a Vitamin C Serum as well as a Snail Repair Ampoule.
- Moisturizers- My current moisturizer is a retinol moisturizer from Tree of Life. It’s benefits include but are not limited to, reduction of collagen breakdown, skin brightening, cell stimulation, improved texture and acne reduction.
- Hydrate- Other than moisturizing your skin hydration through drinking water is so beneficial to revealing healthy radiant skin. Try to keep a bottle of water with you, whether it is on your desk or in your bag. However, be sure not to leave it in your car if temperatures are high as it is said the heat causes breakdown of the plastic into the water and is believed to be carcinogenic. Otherwise, stock up and drink up. As for me I love, love, love water. I can’t have enough of it, although some days I slip up and don’t drink as much as I should. In addition, some days I add lemon juice to my water which also helps with contributing to radiant skin as it is rich in vitamin c.
Hope you can incorporate these tips and products or variations of them into your skin care routine.
Love, light and glow!